Hey! Are you new here? Our server is currently paused, meaning that you can't register or download it right now.
Although, we're currently working in a brand new version, Ultimate Pirates Online 3.0, which will be released soon and will bring countless new content!
Stay tuned, like our
Facebook Page and join our Facebook Group!

Faller

Let's Make UPO Alive Again!

Hey!

I'm making this thread to discuss regarding the current server activity - we've noticed that it isn't as active as before, and we don't want that to happen! We want to always grow bigger and reach new horizons.

I'd like to ask you for your opinion on why the server activity has decreased and how could we possibility make it high again. I'll be doing my best, but I'll need all your support! Afterall, we do UPO for you.

I have plans for many updates, but that might not be enough, we need a new way of advertising, drawing attention and making new players get interested in the server and stick with us.

Please let us know below your opinion, suggestion and criticism. Also, it would be interesting if you point out what's the biggest reason new players quit before actually playing.

Hello, @Yuzuru! Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Would you mention one single bug? The server have never been so bugless than now. Regarding the lag, it's mostly fixed, I've spent a whole week trying to realize what was causing it.

Hello Faller, Honestly your server is very stable & bug free. But also your server is very difficult to make money being lazy(except cutting tree).

Here are the following suggestion you can think of:

1. Most of the players don't like to do the same thing daily, which is very boring, like doing the same quest every day for 1 dia (like killing 30 ppl for complete a quest and the reward is 1/2 dia). Each player has his/her own way of making money(dia) in these games. But at UPO there are only very few ways, may be you can think of something else.
  2. DW is very boring, make DW full of rewards & farming place.
  3. UC/BH/CI is also boring as people not going because the reward is very poor & every one can run to survive, 3/4 player cant kill one single player while he is running with LVL 9 Ultra in UC, no one can catch him. Also every one enter BH, UC, CI at last minute because here the HONOR IS EASY TO GET from Giveaway. You can do like, the player will survive the most time in UC/BH/CI will enjoy better reward (30 min survive = 300 honor, 30 AZ CHEST, 30 Gr8, 30 dia you can choose which option you like).
  4. Also remove dia/bless/az chest/gr8 chest from cutting tree. This is the main reason for your server is inactive.
  5. Also every thing is purchasable by DIA in MALL which is very bad option, cause afk Tree Cutting with 10 CHAR will give lots of dia, 7 days super rich (ppl with good computer & net connection)
  6. UR & BD is very interesting, may be you can add better reward and remove reward from Tree.
  7. Killing Mini Boss, Lava, Pirage Guardian should drop items, as it is not dropping any thing ( some boss should be in pk zone, not like the one which is in Dream Island takes 1 hour to kill solo).
  8. Make the Arena portal base & no safe zone.
  9. Some ppl likes to dual, but as you have disabled dialing its hard some time... may be you can allow dual but only one can enjoy the reward in UR & BD

Thanks

Hey, @Kenpa!
Thanks so much for your feedback! Really constructive and helpful.
I'll be thinking of everything you've pointed out in your comment and working on it.
If there's anything else you'd like to inform us, feel free!
Once again, thanks a lot :)

1 hour ago, Yuzuru said:

Hello Faller! /Umm 1 bug?.. like bp fail?  stuck in corners [Espically  At Uc]

Bullets that cant kill? its a bug or?

Thats all! Thanks

Hey,
Regarding the BP, it's normal for it to fail - it isn't 100%, but! I'll be working on making it not show the usage effect in case it fails.
About the issue in Chaos Argent map, it happens in every server - although I'll be working in a solution for this.
Bullets that can't kill I have never really checked why that happens, but that's an actual bug! I'll be checking what's causing it.
Thanks for your feedback!

Maybe add DS/FC?

Maybe add Guild Wars?

Change DW rewards into something awesome,(Maybe make it a money farming place,same like thundra)also killing the boss is incredably hard,maybe make it a bit easyer(hp-def),and make it drop awesome stuff(cloak upgrade and other awesome things maybe),pk there can be fun,couse of the mspd and stats...also killign the boss would be a challenge,and ppl would compete for it

Also dont be afraid to make some gems easy to get,it will just make it easyer for newer ppl to get...(acc bags/ultra/ulti) <-maybe from dw chests aswell

Mostly when new players come they asked for help from others. I saw chats in world but that was during after long of afking. I suggest u make a map/location where newbie can lvl up themselves and the mobs are not strong enough atleast they can kill. 2nd, a place for them to farm golds. Tundra seems to be hard a bit for newbies with kylin maybe theres a another area where newbie can kill with exp and gold. 3rd, have an ultra NPC redeemer for newbie after long of farming because newbie wants to feel their items upgraded after so long. Or maybe u can think of something better just a suggestion. 4th, a place where to farm gems unlimitedly or like previous dark swamp. Newbie wants to be competitive, but to be competitive with the old players is hard since they are already old and bold. 5th, lastly but I think theres more I can think of but this is enough. Make a npc redeemer to upgrade sets from stage 0-2 atleast. And the rest they can farm.

Re-Adding DS , FC  :x

How Bout Adding old CS Back also ( Magic and Champ Rules there )

Edited by Dominate

This is just a silly suggestion from me , how bout adding a npc that can change ur character face xD

Also add more option on the Hair in the Hairstylist npc , the trending hairs doesnt have other colours except black there

Edited by Dominate

Well i cant talk for everyone but in my case, i quited because:

• Server was laggy.
  • Even with a maxed character i wasnt able to kill champions and magics outside mazes, which i think was because of the bad server balance (when i played, idk now), i honestly think every class should be able to kill any other class. 
  • It was hard to find a GM ingame or almost impossible, i know you are busy doing server work but i think you do need a HD to help you with players.
  • Not much to do after you get all the items, nothing interesting to do except farming trees and going to BD Dung which to be honest is very boring.
  • There was not much PK when i played, everyone waited for min 29 to go in mazes, fight one time and thats it, which is super boring.
  • Mazes rewards were useless, no point on trying to win just to get some gold, maybe a few diamonds and some other noob items.
  • People was always afk farming trees so there was not much players to even talk to.

And about how to get more people to play the server, i suggest:

• Pay for facebook publicity, i dont know if you already do it but thats a good idea.
  • Be more active on your facebook page, add "player of the day posts" thats something interesting to see.
  • Also try to interact more with your players by adding quizzes on the fan page and giving diamonds to the winner, video events, etc...
  • Find a way to make players stream the game using youtube or twich app and give the most active streamer a good reward, there is a lot of potential on those platforms. This way even the worst player ingame gets the chance to get a pro reward.
  • Send random promotions via facebook or email to players like "be active 100 hours this month and get a "xxxxx" reward and create a system to support this promotions.
  • Make a whats app/discord group and let players interact with each others even when they are not on the computer, ive seen this on another server and people actually likes it.

Im not saying that my ideas are gonna get the server back alive but its better to try something different than doing nothing.

I really hope this server gets a lot more new players and becomes the best top private server because i do think it has a lot of potential.

That´s all, hi to everyone btw, Slash/Heaven here...

Hello, @Heaven! Good to see you around hehehehe :D

Thanks a lot for your post! It's as constructive as Kenpa's, and I'm using his post as base for the new patch. I'll also be using the points you've mentioned to improve our server in general.

Btw, hoping we can see you around someday! :)

I agree 100% with @Heaven , try to bring new people! maybe doing this again: (without closing the server for 1 month xD)
3 hours ago, Heaven said:

Pay for facebook publicity, i dont know if you already do it but thats a good idea.

I was thinking in a rework for FC and DS? Make them a maze only and specifically for newbies, maybe with a lvl restriction, FC: 100-120, DS: 120-130 ?

• Make FC easy to farm and in DS increases the difficulty.
  • Using Kylin in FC without problems and in DS you will need Ultra Stage 0-1
  • Mobs from FC drop things that help someone who just started, such as Azz and Gr8 fragments, 100m notes, Lv4 Ref / Gem Voucher.
  • Let the bosses drop Random Ultra / Magic set - weapon, with the stone to upgrade included!
  • Another possibility would be that throughout the map there are chests that drop notes, bd gems, gr8 food (good for lvling up the Mordo or save it for later)
  • Let the final boss give you an Angela or Little Dragon, 50x Lottery Tickets, 15xBundle Diamond. (2 people at least to be able to kill him)?

Bring back the old DS and try to balance it without many changes.

And change the Azz/Gr8 Daily Quest make 5 instead of 2.

Well even tho im not active because im trying to focus on my study, i have few suggestion for better pk for server.

1.)Add fb lv2-3-4

2.)No delay BP cast, so those who dont have the bp tweak for delay wont cry about being cancelled.

3.)disable party in pk maps ,so players wont just spam fb cause of its aoe and chance to stun his own teammates and backups plays will happen.

Aye

So unfortunately I've actually still been having lag issues, i thought it was just my net but that has actually been quite stable lately so i think it might be server, well unless its just me. I feel like i dont get as smooth a ping as before, cause atm even when i use Seal of elder with the 2 second stun, the enemy have enough time to run away and bug my 2nd seal (Insignia) that or start auto attacking me and just stun the crap outta me xD. Before in that 2 second I would have been able to apply my 2nd seal, use bolt as well as put down Abyss mire. Soo yeah, I havent been able to join in much mazes cause it's been frustrating to play with the lag xD

Though I do remember you did mention 2 other things you could do to possibly improve this, hate to be a bother but yeah ":C

Rippo

Edited by Soah
Forgot stuff xD

2 hours ago, Soah said:

Aye

So unfortunately I've actually still been having lag issues, i thought it was just my net but that has actually been quite stable lately so i think it might be server, well unless its just me. I feel like i dont get as smooth a ping as before, cause atm even when i use Seal of elder with the 2 second stun, the enemy have enough time to run away and bug my 2nd seal (Insignia) that or start auto attacking me and just stun the crap outta me xD. Before in that 2 second I would have been able to apply my 2nd seal, use bolt as well as put down Abyss mire. Soo yeah, I havent been able to join in much mazes cause it's been frustrating to play with the lag xD

Though I do remember you did mention 2 other things you could do to possibly improve this, hate to be a bother but yeah ":C

Rippo

Hey @Soah! I'll ask you to do a few things so we can analyze the situation, ok? :)
I'd like you to either open a new thread or private message me with the following information:
> Go to your client folder and open "UPO Servers Ping Test.bat" and attach a screenshot of it in the post.

> Go to your client, and find the folder: "scripts" -> Open the file named "upo.cfg" in your notepad ->
Find the following:

[Log]
enable_lg = 0

Change it to:

[Log]
enable_lg = 1

And open your game and play for like 30 minutes ~ 1 hour, after that, go again to your client folder and look for the following folder: log.
Inside that folder I want you to find the following files and send me in the same thread: ping.txt, fps.txt, main_cha_pos.txt and frame.txt.
After that I'd recommend changing back the small change you've done in upo.cfg.

If I wasn't clear enough, please let me know and I'll better explain! :)